Corporate & Business Law
The Corporate and Business Law practice is a foundation for many of the other service areas in the firm. We represent individuals and groups and advise on business formations, operations, purchases and sales and winding up of businesses. These services include:
- Choice of Entity Planning-selecting the most tax effective and operationally flexible structure for running your business. These options include corporations, partnerships, LLCs and Limited Partnerships.
- Shareholders Agreements & Buy-Sell Agreements-providing certainty in case of death or disability of a shareholder and to regulate the sale of stock by insiders to outside third parties including funding the buyouts with insurance and financial products.
- Business Planning & Restructuring-making sure your existing business structured ideally to achieve your goals and protect your assets. These services include creating new entities, subsidiaries, management companies and leasing companies.
- Succession Planning-planning and executing an orderly transfer of the ownership and management of your business to family or key employees.
- Corporate Transactions & Mergers -buying or selling assets or stock, merging with a strategic or financial partner.
- Winding Up & Terminating Entities-tax effective strategies for terminating unnecessary business entities.
- Non-Profits and Charities-establishing not-for-profit entities and applying for tax-exempt status (501 (c))